- Offering the highest quality workmanship and efficient service.
- Ethical Standards through honesty, integrity and hard work.
- Caring about the Health and Safety of employees and clients.
- We see everyone of our employee’s as a key part of our success.
- Creating Long Term Success through growth and expansion.
Our Workshop Capacity
- D&S operate from a purpose built facility of 1600 square metres in Richards Bay, KwaZulu Natal, with a drive thru door opening of 10m wide x 9m high, hosting two 10 Ton Demag overhead cranes with 9.5m head clearance.
- Our workshop is well equipped with a comprehensive line of machinery, equipment, tools and qualified well trained employees to ensure that we deliver only the best quality.
- D&S also boast a second workshop of 600 square meters.
D&S’s proudly serves South African and International businesses, in the transport and materials-handling industry, Mining and Heavy Industries such as Coal, Heavy Metals and the Iron & Steel industry, as well as the Manufacturing and Mobile industries, including but not limited to the following companies:
- SA Port Authorities
- Grindrod Terminals
- Richards Bay Coal Terminals
- Mondi Craft
- Ilovo Sugar Mill
- Scaw Metals Group
- Bell Equipment
Training and Development
- D&S Crane and Plant Hire CC is a member of the Metal and Engineering Industries Bargaining Council in order to provide our employees, with fair and good working conditions.
- D&S offers employees the opportunity to become qualified artisans by offering in-house traineeships, bursaries and humanitarian support associated with distance education.
- D&S is committed to the ongoing education of our work force.
The company was established in 1999 under the direction of Hein Stoltz. D & S has grown in leaps and bounds and along the way managed to acquire an enviable reputation as one of the most efficient and professional Rigging companies in the Richards Bay / Empangeni region.
In late 2009 D&S finished an Engineering workshop on the premises to diversify into other areas of expertise that support the rigging. Today we bring 40 years of onsite work experience to the table with a knowledge base built on more than 300 companies as our customer base.