D & S Crane and Plant Hire CC is based in Alton, Richards Bay, but effectively services northern KwaZulu-Natal. D&S has built up substantial experience in heavy industrial rigging service, plant maintenance as well as new installations and moving a wide variety of machinery, engineering equipment and extraordinary loads, and has a reliable reputation for specialist rigging services.
Additionally we offer wire rope hand splicing up to 80mm.
Specialist Rigging Services
Our specialist rigging services encompasses modern equipment, technical expertise, specialised machinery and highly skilled artisans and drivers. If required we can provide operators holding internationally accredited licenses for Forklift and Overhead Pendant/Remote Crane operation as well as articulated vehicles with a combined vehicle mass of up to 63 000 kilograms.
Equipment and Fleet
D&S has only the highest quality heavy and specialized equipment to ensure the successful completion of any project, including erection, lifting and/or dismantling of heavy equipment and machines. Our transport fleet has a wide array of vehicles to suit your needs and demands. All vehicles are equipped with the necessary restraints and tracking devices to keep your shipment safe during transit.
Our strong project planning and management expertise, supported by our engineering, machine moving and crane hire capabilities, enable us to respond promptly, flexibly and effectively to all of your requirements.
- Client Operational requirements are not limited to business hours only. Our teams are readily available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Effective communication. Clients are provided with after hour numbers for prompt and efficient service.
- Quality workmanship and service while adhering to strict safety controls.
- Our crews are sent out as soon as possible to ensure that the work gets done promptly.
- A wide range of lifting equipment is available to ensure all rigging requirements are met.
- Our Teams are equipped with Site Specific SHE Files, which include all necessary items to ensure all site requirements are strictly adhered to.
- All Rigging crews consist of one qualified Rigger, Two Rigger Assistants plus basic equipment unless otherwise specified.
- All Riggers are qualified to do professional rigging studies.
24 hours 7 days a week – Because effective rigging leaves no margin for error!